Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ain't Life Grand? day 5

We had previously decided that day 5 should be family day, thinking that everyone might have certain things they'd want to do that weren't built into the schedule and we might possibly need a small break from each other by this point in the week, regardless of how much fun we'd been having.  Unfortunately, we found out late in the game that all the Funston/Callaways were going to have to leave a day early, and I pretty much needed to spend every minute with my sister that I possibly could. So, we called off family day.  Well, the Hollowells really wanted to visit Winter Park because Jeff has childhood memories of it, so they went ahead and took their family day.  The rest of us hung out at the house, the beach that was about a block from the house, and around town.  For some crazy reason, I have no pictures.  If any of my family members who do have pictures read this, e-mail me some and I'll add them to the post.

That night we celebrated Steve's 30th birthday with an Oktoberfest -themed party complete with beer, sausage, sauerkraut, German music, and German chocolate cake (one of his faves, even though I guess it's not really German - oh well!)  Again - no pictures of my own husband's 30th birthday. I. am. lame. I think I was too busy making sure all 4 kiddos were fed.

Afterwards we walked to Adams' Fallsonly about a mile from the house. It's something we'd been wanting to do all week, but hadn't yet gotten around to. Thankfully, I have pictures!

 The Falls

Uncle Nate - professional goofball

No comments:

Post a Comment