Friday, November 5, 2010

The Princess is 4!

Ok, so she's been 4 for almost two months now, but we've already established that I'm behind on blogging and playing catch-up!  When my mom called on September 2 and inquired, "Oh, Terryn, can you believe she's 4?" I told her I certainly could.  Not a typical mommy reaction (usually it's all "I can't believe how big they are!"), but we'd been talking about Greta's birthday so often and for so long (probably at least since Grace turned 5 in April) I was relieved that the big day had finally arrived.  I wondered if on September 3 we would have to begin discussing Greta's 5th birthday, but thus far we've been spared her constant, but cute birthday babble :)
Filling the kids rooms with dozens of balloons while their sleeping is fast becoming a favorite birthday tradition at our house. 

Greta desperately wanted to camp out and we agreed that the backyard was the best venue for our first attempt.  It's a  blessing that I have generally easygoing kiddos b/c a thunderstorm hit that evening and changed our plans.  Praise God we weren't out in the woods somewhere!  Anyways, Super-Daddy came to the rescue and created am impromptu indoor campout complete with hotdog roasting . . .




. . . and a couch/blanket tent reminiscent of the forts of my childhood. 



Our God is so good!  Wouldn't you know he followed up that thunderstorm with the most beautiful birthday gift for our little princess!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment