Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sick kiddos = time to blog!

Fall is enchanting! Crisp air, sweaters, apple orchard outings, anticipating the holidays, and cheering on the Boilers are a few of the wonderful signs that summer is gone and the midwest's best is here. That's how I felt until this week when the terrible cold and wind struck (I've always described this place as "wind capitol of America") along with illness at our house. We now have 2 cases (so far) of hand, foot, and mouth disease and fall no longer seems so idyllic. The new face of fall whines a lot, sleeps a lot (but not at night) and is covered in red, painful blisters. The upside is that 3 of my 4 kiddos are asleep and that along with urging from my good friend Mary has prompted me to plop myself in front of the computer and blog for the first time in months!

Looking back over the end of summer and beginning of fall:

In early August we finally stole away an afternoon to pick our own blueberries. I remember fondly the first U-pick experience for my kiddos (unless you count apples and pumpkins, which I don't really) and maybe even my husband, despite it being cut short by a horde of mosquitos and 1 grouch.


Steve was very task-oriented
(it's a good thing, b/c we all know you can't expect the
little ones to do anything but eat as many blueberries
as they can manage!) and Elias just hung out, happy as usual!


Can you find us?


You wouldn't know it from this photo, but this was our grouch.

Speaking of mosquitos . . .

I never realized how much my eldest son resembles me until I saw this of the 2 of us!


Zeke being Zeke


The final product:

No comments:

Post a Comment